The Huls Group is a consulting organization led by innovation economy expert Julie Huls.
Our mission is to work with regional economies and their leadership to proactively and effectively transform emerging cities into economies powered by innovation and technology. We aim to stimulate job growth and future-proof economic development.
Contact Julie Today
Julie’s has developed the skills needed to guide the reinvention of local economies, and is a nationally recognized leader with intimate knowledge of technology and innovation industries. Julie has a singularly relevant background, having experienced the pain of the deceleration of the Midwestern economy and having been on the front lines of shifting the narrative and galvanizing a community that lead to the joy of acceleration in Austin, Texas.
- Julie is an expert on innovation economy job growth
- Nationally recognized for civic leadership in Texas
- Served as CEO and President of the Austin Technology Council (ATC)
- Served as Vice Chairman of Tech Councils of North America (TECNA)
- The Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce (Board Member)
- The Circuit of the Americas (Board Member)
- The Austin Technology Council Community Foundation, a STEM non-profit (Board Member)
Her dedication and success at ATC have seen her become a national thought leader and champion of commerce, building productive partnerships among diverse private and public technology organizations.
Accomplished in economic, land, business, and community development, her notable successes include negotiating multi-million-dollar deals and leading successful organizational startups, expansions, and turnarounds.
Julie is widely recognized by top executives as a visionary, take-charge leader and authoritative decision-maker who exhibits a rare combination of strategic awareness, analytical rigor, and relationship skills. Huls holds a masters from the University of Texas and a bachelors from the University of Illinois.